Sapele - otherwise known as Scented Mahogany from many areas of Africa is a very popular wood type, well worth considering for those looking in the mid-range colours. It was very popular in the 1960s and 70s as a flooring material. Click to read more about Sapele.
These are a standard size, the measurements are:
- 9" long - 2 3/4" wide - 3/4" thick
- (Approx 229 mm by 70 mm by 20 mm
Please note: We always put the Imperial measurements in the description because that is how the blocks were originally cut. The metric dimensions are never an exact match
Sapele has warm, mid red-brown mahogany colours, with a satin sheen to it and characteristic stripes in golden honey tones.
This parquet block was reclaimed from an office in Salford.
The flooring is for sale in multiples of 1 sq m above the minimum purchase of 5 sq m - if you need a smaller quantity please contact the office directly.
The Sapele parquet comes as tongue and groove blocks, in reclaimed condition and we recommend you request a sample before buying so you know what you are dealing with.
This parquet is in good condition and has a thin layer of bitumen on the bottom although this should not present a problem. The adhesives you can buy these days will fuse with the bitumen and stick successfully without the necessity for removal. We sell a professional level adhesive called Sikabond 5500s which many of our recommended fitters use. These parquet blocks will require some preparation prior to laying, particularly along the edges. This will give a tight fit and therefore a better finish. As usual, the floor will need several good sanding passes after the block laying is completed.
Photos of Sapele:
The photo shows the Sapele blocks sanded and polished, i.e. the finished product, not as delivered to your door! The reclaimed block will need sanding. The feature photo is Sapele supplied by us to a customer and laid by one of our recommended fitters, it may be a slightly different size to the one advertised.
- Payment: We use Sage Pay 3D Secure or PayPal for all on-line purchases, or you can telephone or email the office to place and pay for your order.
- Ordering: Please allow 10% extra on your room area to cover wastage in the pattern. When purchasing don't forget to advise us of a contact telephone number and your preferred date for receiving the pallet, as someone will need to be there to sign for it.
- Delivery: We can normally process your order within 3-4 days and the delivery takes another 2-3 days depending on where you live. In general you would be able to receive your block within a week. If you need your order sooner then please let us know and we will try to help as best we can.