TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WEBSITE USAGE
By the use of this website, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions which govern Parquet-Parquet Ltd.’s relationship with you whilst using this website.
“Parquet-Parquet” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of this website, Parquet Parquet Ltd. The registered office is South Walk Farm, South Willingham, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire LN8 6JU.
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- Any content found on this website is for general information and use only and is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any information or material found on this website are used entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by, or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Any reproduction of these materials including photographs is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by these terms and conditions of use. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep this website up to date and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, this website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Any dispute arising out of the use of this website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the contact form on this website you can be assured that it will be secure. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We may collect the following information about you using the contact form: name; contact information including email address; other information such as postcode. This information is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular, for the following reasons: internal record keeping; to provide you specific samples of our products by using the address that you have provided.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission, or are required to do so by law.
- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31st October 2019.
General Terms and Conditions of Sale
The parquet is reserved to you on ordering. This is subject to prompt payment, i.e. within 3 days unless otherwise agreed.
Methods of Payment
Online: we use Sage Pay secure payments for online orders. Or PayPal secure payment if preferred.
Telephone: we use a secure virtual terminal for over the phone orders and payment. We do not retain any financial data.
Instant Bank Transfer: we can email you an invoice so you can make an online payment by instant bank transfer.
Cheque: we no longer accept cheques.
Delivery and/or Collection
All orders purchased online are available for delivery within the UK mainland and Northern Ireland only. Deliveries are by Palletline or similar haulage company. We will send out delivery instructions with your receipted invoice; however, delivery details are also available to view on the website. We generally send out orders within 6-8 working days.
We can arrange for delivery to Europe but not via the website. Please contact our office directly to discuss.
When you are ready to receive your order please contact Parquet-Parquet by telephone to confirm your preferred delivery date (Monday – Friday but there are no timed deliveries).
If you are unable to accept delivery after purchasing your parquet please advise us. We will make arrangements to put it into our storage facility free of charge until you are ready to fit the parquet floor.
Once a date is arranged, we will send out your parquet via a pallet delivery haulier/courier in time for that delivery date. Please note however that there are rare occasions, such as unusual traffic, weather events or other such matters which could cause a delay. This is beyond our control and we hope you would exercise patience as we try to resolve your matters with the delivery agency.
The goods we sell have been used previously therefore will not be perfect. Expect blocks to be useable after it has been prepared, sanded and polished. All of this is described on the website and there are photos to illustrate the difference. Please note, we add a little extra to all our pallets. This gives you spare block to cover any minor problems which may arise from the imperfections of reclaimed material.
Any material we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality as a reclaimed item. If we have delivered material to you that is not of useable quality in error, you should contact us for a replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
Extra cleaning options:
It is not automatic that blocks are cleaned, the standard order is in reclaimed condition. If you require a special order of blocks which are pre-cleaned, then we offer this service for an extra cost. We have 3 levels of cleaned blocks:
- Base clean – removal of bitumen from the base.
- Fitting clean – as above plus edges cleaned and tongues removed ready for fitting.
- Fitting clean and thicknessing – as above plus blocks thicknessed to required depth. This is particularly useful for matching existing floors.
Please discuss the options with us if you chose to take up this service. We can advise you of the 3 price options
We encourage customers to receive a sample so that customers can understand the nature of reclaimed parquet. It does require work and it is important to expect that.
We therefore send out 2 free samples. These samples are selected randomly from the specific supply available for sale. The surface of the samples is sanded but otherwise the block is in ‘as reclaimed’ condition. This is intended to help the customer understand the level of cleaning and preparation inevitably required for reclaimed parquet. If you require more samples, we reserve the right to make a modest charge which covers postage and preparation and we limit it to a total of 4 for commercially sensitive reasons.
We will not be liable if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do, or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
Furthermore, we are not liable for any losses related to your business or works schedule. This includes (without limitation) lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
Care of your parquet
You must follow any advice we give you to keep products we supply to you safe. This will be found on our delivery notes. We cannot accept liability for damage to material supplied by us which is caused by your failure to follow our advice.
Your right to cancel
If you are a UK consumer, purchasing online or over the telephone you have the legal right, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 to cancel your order within fourteen working days following the date on which the contract started i.e. the date on which you transacted your purchase or received the goods, whichever is the latest. Subject to the following:
If you have purchased WITHOUT requesting samples:
- Cancelled orders:
If you wish to cancel (or are considering cancelling) material you have purchased from us, please be aware of the following terms that apply:
- Cancellation before dispatch of goods:
Please notify us as soon as possible if you have changed your mind about your purchase. Most importantly before we dispatch your goods. On this basis we will cancel your order and refund you promptly. We reserve the right to charge a small fee if we have spent time preparing your order.
- Return of cancelled goods after dispatch:
You must take reasonable care of the order that you wish to cancel. Items should not be used by you and returned within 14 days of cancellation, where possible in their original packaging. If it is on a pallet, then the pallet must be well-covered with plastic wrap and secured with strap-banding if we advise this or the haulier will refuse to collect. The pallet must also be easily accessible for the haulier, placed on hard-standing so that a pallet truck can lift it. We will arrange collection on your behalf at your cost (up to, but not limited to £70 per pallet depending on your location). This will be within 14 days of cancellation.
If you have purchased AFTER receiving a sample of parquet you buy:
If you have received samples and you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason once delivered, then please contact us to see if we can help.
You are not however able to cancel your order, if you have purchased from sample you are buying a ‘seen’ item. However, if the order is faulty, you are protected under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (see below).
If the order is faulty, you are protected under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You should check all products you receive against your order. If the material you receive is damaged (this must be considered in light of the nature of the good sold) or incorrectly supplied, then on delivery you must note the details of any damage or error in supply on the delivery documentation and contact us as soon as is practicable.
Or, if you are unable to view the items on receipt of the goods, you must inform us (by post, phone or e-mail) within 7 days of receipt. If faulty, you must return the products to us in their original packaging as soon as possible. We will arrange collection by our preferred courier.
We will offer a replacement in the first instance but if that is not possible for some reason i.e. we have run out of stock, then we will refund you.
Refund of payment:
If items are accepted to be faulty and a refund has been agreed, then we will refund you within 14 days of us receiving your returned goods.
In the case of cancellation before receipt of goods, we will refund you as soon as is practicable.
In the case of cancellation after receipt of goods, if a refund has been agreed (subject to the terms above), then we will refund you once the goods have been returned and checked by us, within 14 days of the items being collected. We will refund the original shipping cost but deduct the return shipping cost from the refunded amount. The goods must be packaged as originally despatched and unused.
The manner of refund will be the same method as payment.
We are able to offer you a free storage service. This can be useful with your project timing. If for any reason your project does not proceed, we will not refund the purchase price, but we will refund the delivery charge. We will offer to sell your parquet for you, net of costs, or send it to you as originally planned. It is your purchased parquet which we are storing free of charge. If you no longer require the parquet order, then we reserve the right to charge up to £20 per week including VAT for storage from the date of purchase.
You have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your legal rights in the UK, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions with all reasonable care and professionalism.
This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and Consumer Rights Act. Full details of your rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and Consumer Rights Act 2015 are available in the UK from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or your Local Authority’s Trading Standards Office.
Parquet Parquet Ltd.
South Walk Farm, South Willingham, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, LN8 6JU.
Tel: 01507 313 470
Company registration no.: 8983423
VAT registration no.: 191 2019 31
Here is a printable version of our terms and conditions: TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2019