SikaBond 5500s – no bitumen removal
Bitumen removal from parquet blocks?This SikaBond 5500s adhesive does not require total bitumen removal. Most experienced reclaimed floor fitters use this professional product for laying reclaimed parquet with bitumen on the underside. Unit price £85.00 per 16 kg tub plus delivery £40 * including VAT- coverage is approx 1kg per 1 sq m. *(flat rate for delivery by licensed haulier - as this is a solvent - to most mainland UK postcodes, for any number of tubs, except the Scottish highlands and Islands - POA)
Before buying your parquet we recommend that you request a sample so you know what to expect.
Product in stockRequest a Sample
SikaBond®5500S – a single part combination of synthetic resins contained in organic solvents.
Solvent Based Rigid Adhesive for Wood Block & Engineered Wood flooring:
No bitumen removal – SikaBond® 5500S is the adhesive the professionals use:
For more information please refer to the Technical Data Sheet pdf. SikaBond 5500S Data Sheet
- For full Surface Bonding of:
- Traditional parquet blocks and engineered wood floors, mosaic / mesh backed parquet, industrial parquet and end grained wood paving on cement, anhydrite, and poured asphalt sub-floors.
- It’s possible for it to be used over underfloor heating.
- 1-part, ready to use
- Very good spreadability.
- Suitable for use with all types of wood.
- Especially suited to wood block refurbishment projects where bitumen adhesive residues are present.
- Suitable for underfloor heating.
- Adhesive can be sanded.
|Chemical Base||1-part Synthetic Resin combination|
|Density||~ 1.48kg/l (DIN 53 479)|
|Skinning- / Laying Time||~ 10 – 20 minutes (+23°C / 50% r.h.)|
|Curing Rate||Floor may be walked on / sanded and finished after approximately 48 hours after installation (depending on climatic conditions, absorbency of subfloor and adhesive layer thickness).|
Spreads easily, trowel marks stable.
|Service Temperature||– 5°C to + 35°C|
|For full surface bonding only. Ensure that the contact faces of the wood elements are fully wetted with adhesive. 800 – 1200 g/m2 depending upon size of notched trowel used and surface profile of the sub-floor. For the bonding of long or wide boards or in case of uneven substrates it could be necessary to use a notched trowel with bigger notches (avert hollow sections).
For substrates prepared with Sika® Primer MB, the consumption of SikaBond®5500S is lower.
|Substrate Quality||Clean and dry, homogeneous, even, free from grease, dust and loose particles. Paint, cement laitance and other poorly adhering particles must be removed. Standard construction rules must be observed.|
|Substrate Preparation||Concrete / cement screed:
Must be clean, dry, contaminant free and thoroughly cleaned with industrial vacuum cleaner.Anhydrite screed / Anhydrite flowable screed:
Must be ground and thoroughly cleaned with industrial vacuum cleaner and Primed with Sika Primer MB or SikaBond® 5500S diluted 1 – 1 with Thinner EG.
SikaBond®5500S can be used without priming on cement floors, poured asphalt and wooden floor panels providing they are dust free and permanently dry.
- We use Sage Pay 3D Secure or PayPal for all on-line purchases, or telephone or email the office to place and pay for your order.
- We can normally process your order within 1-2 days from Monday to Thursday, if ordering on Friday delivery will be Monday or Tuesday. Delivery takes another day depending on where you live. In general you would be able to receive your adhesive within a few days. If you need your order sooner then please let us know and we will try to help as best we can.